Nowadays most people tend to capture a considerable amount of video on their smartphones, camcorders, or other recording devices. If you tend to do the same then you might want to give some thought towards using the videos you capture to come up with an actual home movie.
Essentially the whole point of creating a home movie as opposed to just keeping your recorded videos as short clips is to compile them and jazz them up a bit so that they look great. To do that you’ll need the Movavi Video Editor, as it will provide with an easy and user-friendly way of doing so.
To make your own movie with the Movavi Video Editor just follow these steps:
- Click on the ‘Add Media Files’ button and add all the videos and images that you want to use in your home movie. If you’d like to add a particular song (or songs) as background music then you can add them too.
- Open the ‘Media’ panel and drag and drop your videos into the ‘Timeline’ in the order that you want them to appear.
- If you want you can trim out unwanted parts of the videos that you add by positioning the red marker in the ‘Timeline’ where you’d like to split the video and then clicking on the ‘Scissors’ button above the ‘Timeline’. Then simply select and delete the segment that you don’t want.
- If you want to add background music just go to the ‘Media’ panel and drag and drop the songs that you added into the ‘Audio Track’ on the ‘Timeline’.
- Jazz your video up further by adding stylish transitions between scenes, special effects, filters, or even by enhancing the video quality, correcting common problems, and inserting customizable text as captions or subtitles.
- Once you’re satisfied, save your video by selecting a preset that will automatically optimize it for any device.
With the features that the Movavi Video Editor brings to the table, you should have everything you need to create a great-looking home movie. It may take a little bit of trial and error to tweak your home movie to perfection, but it shouldn’t take too long for you to get the basics done.
Remember that at the end of the day what distinguishes professional-looking videos from amateur productions tends to be the amount of polish that is put into them. Take your time and use the features that are available to tweak and enhance your video until you feel it really looks great. With a little bit of creativity, you’ll find that you’re able to create a home movie that you’ll be proud to share with your friends and family.