Wireless home security systems though expensive are quite popular as installation is DIY. As wires are not required they are just ideal for rented homes as drilling can be avoided that is a must for wired home security systems.
All that a Wireless Home Security needs is a Phone Jack and Wall Outlet (electronic socket)
The wireless home security system’s control panel is plugged into the wall and is connected to the telephone. You can program four telephone numbers into the system’s computer that can be contacted in case of emergency. Unlike wired system you don’t have to pitch in the service of a monitoring company as the alarm when set off sounds a very loud characteristic siren along with lights flashing on and off that alerts the neighbors and people passing by during the night hours as well. The fur numbers to will be immediately alerted too where immediate action can be taken.
Working of a Wireless Home Security System
The work by simply transmitting signal from sensors like smoke detectors or motion detectors to one or many control units fixed in every room. These signals are transmitted through either infrared or radio waves. Depending on the distance between the sensors and the control panels wireless repeaters are installed to amplify the signal to enable it to travel great distances.
Wireless security systems are quite popular as they are very easy to install. They leave your home décor untouched or uninterrupted without the need of any drilling for the wires unlike hard wired security systems. They are quite flexible and can be moved from any place and installed wherever you please. You can always add new sensors and control units over time where installing them is never difficult. They can be easily removed and easily installed when you move out from one rented house to another.
Benefits of choosing a Wireless Security System for your Home
There are numerous benefits that you can avail while you have a wireless home security system installed at your home.
- These systems are trouble-free to be installed
- They do not require any kind of wiring or drilling options to be hooked on to the walls
- A good wireless system is easily upgradable with new features and equipment
- A wireless home security systemrequires a very low maintenance
- They are quite affordable in nature and low on installation and maintenance costs as well
- The batteries and the sensors can be replaced as and when required; accounting to a longer life span.
- They can be installed in any home irrespective of the size and location and height
- The installation process is quite simple. However, a good home security systemwill be the right people to do it for you.
- These systems do not need any wires and are ideal for any home or office location.
- You can combine a multiple range of systems and home automation components that include but are not limited to locks, lighting control panels, cameras, alarms and thermostats