In the present world, the level of academic qualification has got much face lift. Even in case of developing countries, it is evident that people have understood the importance of education and its correlation to livelihood. Often one can see, in spite of being qualification or having minimum bachelor’s degree, individuals are struggling hard to fetch a job after completion of graduation studies. But it doesn’t imply that present society isn’t having any job at all, otherwise lawlessness and chaos would be reined supreme. Thus there must be a miscommunication or misinterpretation of the job scenario. If an individual gets unemployed, career doesn’t get the much required kick start. Side by side, it isn’t possible to foretell what sort of qualification or education can guarantee someone a job, especially in the present scenario. Thus the best way out is to gauge the abilities of a person including the academic and life skill abilities. In this regard, psychometric career test can of immense help, as it can ascertain any concerned individual or job aspirant, which should he focus to in his best interests and of the society.
Before going into the details why psychometric career test is a must for all, let us first discuss what psychometric test is. The epithet ‘psychometric test’ has been a common one in the educational psychology domain. The beauty of this test is, it assesses the acquired skills of an individual rather than banking upon bookish knowledge or educational background. Thus, no doubt, psychometric test covers a bigger horizon and remain honest to true abilities of any individual. Psychometric career tests are often mandatory in various private concerns and Human Resource consultants make perfect utilization of psychometric career tests. In all jobs or rather in all possible careers of an individual, certain degree of capability, aptitude and personality are needed. Psychometric career test solves this issue by making comparative conclusion based on all these three traits. There are manifold reasons behind opting for a psychometric career test. Those are as follows.
- Behavioural study: In modern day jobs, psychologists and HRs believe, apart from a certain level of academic qualification, it is important to have balanced behavioural aspects in order to adapt or acclimatize in any situation. Academic records can be an entry level impetus, otherwise the behavioural get up of individual plays the most pivotal role. Interestingly psychometric career test allows any individual to measure himself and upgrade, so that career of the individual can get good mould for his own benefits.
- Basic intelligence: The intelligence is often misinterpreted as mathematical problem solving approach or scientific aptitude. In reality, the word intelligence indicates bigger diameter, encircling emotional intelligence as well. An intelligent person can not only create a steady career for himself, but also becomes an asset of the company. Psychometric career tests give close zoomed looks to individual scenario and enable the individual to rectify or correct the loopholes.
- Numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning: There is no denying the doubt that all the three- numerical, verbal and inductive reasoning play stellar role in decision making of any individual as far career or employment is considered. It is indeed tough all these qualities via existing academic qualifications of a person. Thus any individual can simply take specially designed psychometric career tests to ascertain themselves of the reality.
- Checking and rectifying errors: Although this may sound to be more clerical that something related to career, but in reality, psychometric career tests are eye openers to individuals. No other test can be so honest and straight forward and guide towards all round development of a person.
- Gauging motivation, values, priorities and opinions: Psychometric career tests often give a platform for self analysis or self realization. No doubt, often it is too difficult to judge oneself and that too with honesty. Especially personal motivation, values are issues which can’t be found out so easily. Apart from that priority and opinions are other important issues to, which form significant aspect in any person’s attitude to career or long term growth in life. Thus psychometric career tests give a mirror image of ones own self with more introspection.
- Hidden traits: This is another serious issue which is indeed an effect of lack of exposure. Often individuals look lacking in confidence or a bit timid to perform at the highest level. It isn’t that the person lacks the ability; rather the individual is not aware of his own capabilities. In all such cases, it is thus important for the individual to be aware of his own hidden traits and utilize them as much as possible. Who know that can be a possible game changer for the concerned individual in his career. In this regard, psychometric career tests help to reveal those hidden traits and allow the individual to nurture or sharpen that for better use in near professional future.
Thus, in all probability, it is advised for all interested individuals to opt for psychometric career test for a better and safer future.