Hemorrhoids, also known as piles, are veins around the anus and lower rectum that become distended or swollen. Itchiness is also a highly common symptom. The condition usually arises from the increase in pressure around the anal passage.
There are two types of Hemorrhoids: external and internal. External piles are commonly seen just below the skin surface around the anus. While the internal ones, on the other hand, are found inside the anal canal. However, unless they are severe, internal hemorrhoids can’t be seen or felt.
What are the Common Symptoms?
Becoming aware of the symptoms will guide you in what to do next, whether you should visit your physician or apply natural home remedy for piles.Therefore, you musttake note of these symptoms:
- Presence of blood (noticeable after wiping with toilet paper or on your faeces)
- Irritation and soreness
- Swelling and itchiness
- Blood clots or lumps in the surrounding area
- Pain and discomfort during bowel movement (if you have external piles)
- Mucosal discharge or leaking faeces
- An urge to empty your bowels completely even after defecation
If these are left unchecked, these can lead to other complications such as blood loss, strangulated piles or even rectal cancer. The good thing is that there are treatments to alleviate these symptoms,
What are the Natural Home Remedies that can Relieve Hemorrhoids?
Since the presence of piles is a digestive disease that everyone doesn’t want to talk about, some people might find this condition too embarrassing to even seek medical care. Nevertheless, it is a health issue that you still need to address. And should you ever have this condition, you must take advantage of the natural home remedies below:
- Topical Ointments
- Aloe Vera – contains anti-inflammatory properties which can reduce irritation in hemorrhoids. This can also be applied for both internally and externally. Apply the aloe vera gel to the affected area and massage slowly, which help soothe the burning sensation.
- Witch Hazel – is one of the oldest known natural remedies for piles. The healing properties of witch hazel can decrease bleeding by acting as an astringent. You may also apply the witch hazel compress or ointment to relieve swelling, itching and pain associated with piles.
- Almond Oil – is mainly applied externally. On the affected area, you can dab a cotton ball containing the almond oil. This will moisturize, ease inflammation and will alleviate the itching sensation. Do this several times a day.
- Natural Oral Medications
- Olive Oil – is primarily used for its anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant properties. Consume one teaspoon of olive oil daily to reduce inflammation and to shrink down swollen blood vessels in your anal passage.
- Citrus fruits – contains bioflavonoids, a compound found in lemons and oranges, which can relieve hemorrhoid symptoms by strengthening the capillaries and blood vessel walls. By eating citrus fruits, the higher the chance for your body to reduce inflammation, bleeding and pain during acute haemorrhoid flare-ups.
- Hemocyl – is another natural remedy that can provide relief in as little as 7 to 14 days. This is a quick alternative treatment for piles if you would rather not submit to a surgical procedure. Obtain Hemocyl from a trusted supplier and take two capsules per day for 14 days.
All in all, there are many ways to manage hemorrhoids. However, if the symptoms persist or the pain becomes unbearable, see a doctor’s help right away.